Jude Whittaker || 18 || Senior || West Hargrove || Taken
"Today, and every day, deliver more than you are getting paid to do. The victory of success will be half won when you learn the secret of putting out more than is expected in all that you do. Make yourself so valuable in your work that eventually you will become indispensable. Exercise your privilege to go the extra mile, and enjoy all the rewards you receive. You deserve them!”
Jude Whitaker is a name known by nearly every person at West Hargrove. Being Captain of the football team had its perks. Chicks threw themselves at him, people did his homework for him, and teachers let him slide through. It’s not that he didn’t like to work hard, but why work if people were willing to do it for you? Jude was various serious about being captain. He knew if he could work hard enough that would mean getting scouted, which meant a better life for him, his mom and his sister.
Jude’s dad up and left when he was eight years old. Just packed up his stuff in the middle of the night, not saying goodbye to anyone, and left, never coming back. Jude became the backbone of his family. He respected his mother tremendously and seeing her in pain caused by his father was not something he could deal with. He started cleaning up after himself and his toddler sister, so she wouldn’t have to and he began learning to make himself simple meals so his mother could sleep later in the mornings. He became man of the house. Helping his sister with homework, taking out the trash, and being there for his mom when she needed. Now nearly ten years later and he was still her rock.
Jude was huge on family and even though they weren’t rich by any means, he would do anything for them and wouldn’t trade them for the world. Jude’s sophomore year, his teacher started realizing his potential and refused to let him just skim by. They enforced a new school rule, don’t pass your class, you don’t pay. He couldn’t lose his one way ticket to a better life, so he started going to a tutoring center his coach recommended. That’s where he met Savannah Carrington. She wasn’t like the girls at West. She was intelligent and beautiful. But she was also kind and had the patience of a saint. He began looking forward to tutoring sessions and the two grew closer. So close in fact that they got together and had sex.
Little did he know that would change his life, forever. Jude’s mom got a promotion, which was amazing for their family. But it meant he had to be home early to care for his sister with his mom’s new schedule. This meant him having more responsibility and less time for tutoring. He began skipping tutoring and before he knew it all contact with Savannah ceased to exist. Now that the school’s are merging Jude is looking at a better opportunity to make something of himself. He was determined to not only be head of the football team but also be ahead with his grades. Seeing Savannah so closely after all this time was not going to be easy, but it would the best part of his day.
While he pines after Savannah, he notices the way she avoids him and he isn’t sure why. Yes, he stopped going to tutoring sessions, but it wasn’t because of her. It’s never been because of her. Instead he watched her form afar, until her sister approached him and told him something he was sure had to be a lie. There was no way he could be a father, right? She had to be lying.
Personality and Traits:
- While most people think that Jude has it easy,but he works hard for everything handed for him. He thinks of himself as a hard worker actually. Jude knows the best things in life aren’t free, and while it was nice having things handed to him, he knows he’s going to have to work ten times harder now that he’s at East Hargrove.
- Resents his dad for leaving him and his mom. He never thought he’d have to help his mom raise his younger sister, but he loves the kid, even if she drives him nuts. He takes his role as the man of the house seriously. His family means everything to him.
- Jude considers football a release. His mom signed him off right after his dad left, and he’s been playing since. Nothing calms him down like tossing around the football, or even playing an aggressive game.
- Jude is the captain of his football team. At least he was before the two schools merged. Still, he knew he’d eventually become Captain of East Hargrove. He’s spent the whole summer practicing, making sure he’s the best of the best.
- His best friend are Isaac Adams and Ryan Parker. Jude grew up with Ryan, the two have similar backgrounds, and they relate to each other. Isaac on the other hand has been his best friend since Freshmen year. The two boys understand each other. They’re bros, you know?
- Isn’t ashamed to admit that he has a reputation. Olivia Grant and Clara Stevens are among two of his conquest. He and Clara had this little FWB thing going on, but that ended quickly.
- Rivals with Nash Alexandre and Milo Evans. He hates Milo for the fact that they both play the same position and are both Captains of their respected football teams. After all, there can’t be two Captains now, can there? He can’t stand Nash because he’s a prick.
- Still has feeling for Savannah Carrington. She has never been the type of girl he’d date, and yet she crawled under his skin and he can’t stop thinking about her. He really regrets ending things the way he did. Especially if what her sister told him was true.